Hungry For More?
A History Of Great Taste
Things have changed a lot in the last 87 years or so. At Krystal, not so much. Even during the Great Depression, founders Rody Davenport Jr. and Glenn Sherrill knew that the secret to a happy customer was as simple as a good meal at a great price-served with a smile at a clean restaurant. They were right. Quality endures.
Come in for a classic-our delicious, iconic, little square burger hot off the grill. Or come in for something new. Over the years, we\'ve never been afraid to innovate, adding new favorites like a breakfast menu, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, and milkshakes.
Even as we continue to expand into new markets, new restaurant designs, and new products, guests count on us for our unique and tasty menu items. One thing will never change. We\'ll always deliver a one-of-a-kind taste and experience-one we like to think would make Rody and Glenn proud.
The Krystal Company has been serving guests since 1932. Since then, we\'ve continued to give back to the beloved communities where we happily serve our beloved Krystals. Now, we are focusing our support on the K-12 schools in our communities by supporting STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math), culinary, and sports programs.
WHAT MAKES KRYSTAL SPECIAL
Krystal is the only place where fast food lovers can satisfy their cravings with a menu of small, fresh-steamed, hot-off-the-grill choices. Whether they choose a classic or something new, guests always enjoy simple and consistent food. It\'s the foundation of our brand and it\'s what guarantees an excellent, delicious and CRAVEABLE experience.
DURABILITY + CRAVEABILITY = PROFITABILITY
Krystal has a lasting tradition of providing a one-of-a-kind menu anchored by the
cravable Krystal in a uniquely Southern dining experience.
Swipe Left and Right Over the Krystal building above to see how hip it is to be square.
Krystal has been Hot & Steamy since 1932.
We have a lasting tradition and a wide reach. At 300 restaurants throughout the South, guests come in for a one-of-a-kind menu, a uniquely Southern dining experience, and-of course-the iconic, cravable Krystal, served fresh off the grill.
Our Franchise community is robust, with 117 locations and growing. Get to know more or get started expanding your franchise portfolio with a legendary brand?
Trust Us, It's This Good
We're Here For You
Development & Construction
- Trade area analysis
- Site selection
- Analytics tool
- Site approval
- Proven project management process
- Food court
- Certified training locations
- Franchise owner and management training
- Grand opening training and beyond
- World class continued learning programs
- Public relations activation at contract signing
- Grand opening marketing plan
- Ongoing marketing activation and public relations support
- Annual systemwide marketing calendar
- Dedicated field support
- Ongoing business plans
- Operational reviews
- Territory development
Grow & Evolve With Us
We are looking to grow all over the Southeast! Contact us about any market or area that you are interested in.
- Submit an inquiry about franchise opportunities
- Have an introductory phone call
- Submit franchise application
2. Initial Meeting
- Sign and return the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) receipt
- Attend Discovery Day at the Krystal Restaurant Support Center in Atlanta, GA
- Visit Krystal restaurants
- Meet the executive team at the Restaurant Support Center
- Discuss your territory of interest
3. Joining Krystal
- Provide entity information documents
- Complete territory and franchise agreements
- Await legal review of documents
- Schedule the closing to sign the agreements
- Engage in the site approval process
- Begin construction
- Grand Opening!
Costs & Requirements
A perfect multi-unit Krystal owner candidate should meet the following criteria:
- A successful business history, restaurant experience preferred.
- A minimum net worth of $1,500,000
- Liquid Assets of $500,000
Investment requirements include:
- Total Investment: $450,000 - $1,400,000
- Does not include real estate, land, and site work costs
- Subject to change
- Franchise Fee: $32,500
Franchise owners are eligible for an incentive to open on schedule and a $10,000 discount
- Building size: 1,000 sq. ft.
- Frontage: 120 ft. (minimum)
- Parking spaces: 10
- Dining capacity: N/A
- Income median: $30,000-$70,000
- Per capita: $15,000-$35,000
- Traffic count: >25,000 ADT
- Population: 4,000-7,000 within one mile
35,000-45,000 within five miles
- Transaction preference: Purchase | Build to Suit | Ground Lease
- Double drive-thru
- High visibility
- Easy access
- Great signage
- Retail nodes
- QSR row
- Urban infill
- Community locations
- Retail end cap with drive-thru